Monday, November 16, 2009

Pizza Pictures


Just a couple of pictures from last night. We made 11 pizzas in about 2 hours; could have made more if we had more dough.



I started the fire with three pieces of almond wood at around 3:00 in the afternoon. This has quickly become routine for me, so even though the oven was completely cold (60 degrees) I wasn't worried about having it hot by 4:30.



Lanterns: since there is not much light in the far back part of my yard, I use kerosene lanterns on the pizza prep table and around the oven. I filled the lanterns while the oven heated up.

The next two pictures are the last pizza of the night (spinach, ricotta, pesto, sea salt). The first image was made just before I pulled it out of the oven. In the last picture (taken with a cell phone & lit by a kerosene lantern), you can see the browned, crispy, and bubbly crust. Somehow the last pizza of the night is turning out to be the best.

I'm still having trouble with some pizzas (usually made with red sauce) getting tears in them when I turn them, or sticking to the bricks. Two pizzas out of 11 had this problem last night, though I'm not sure why yet. I need to do some experiments-- it might be that the dough was too thin, or already torn before the pies went in.

No comments:

Post a Comment