Thursday, November 26, 2009

No Sticks and a Plan

The bake on Tuesday went pretty well. 10 pizzas, no problems with the red sauce ones breaking up or sticking. I got a late start firing the oven (LA traffic), and so I rushed that a bit with no major consequence except the heat on the floor was a little low for the last few pizzas.


Had some pears, so I capped off the night with a gorganzola, pear & leak pizza. Fantastic.


Still on the to-do list are:
  1. Make the door.
  2. Cover the insulated dome.
  3. Pavers for the deck around the oven.
I'm hoping to build the door on Saturday, and planning to lay the stone pavers, and stucco the dome over the winter break. I guess I'll stucco the block base at the same time.


I should add bread baking to the to-do list, too. I've been re-reading Hamelman in preparation. Ciabatta and baguettes by Christmas is my goal.


That's it for November, I think -- unless I fire the oven Sunday?


Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment