Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dome Done.



Tuesday morning I finished the second (and possibly last) stucco coat on the dome. So except for the stucco color coat, the dome is done, and I no longer need to leave a blue tarp over it every day.

Getting the stucco to make a dome shape was fairly easy -- surprisingly!

I started applying the brown coat at around 7:30 AM and I was done and cleaned up before 9:30. I checked this morning and I have one small crack on the left side, lower. I'm sure more will appear as it continues to cure.


So what's left to do? A few things big and small:

  1. The oven surround needs to be finished off with some thick flagstone. (Grey, full spectrum)
  2. Scratch and browncoat layers need to be applied to the oven base.
  3. The floor of wood storage area needs to be reworked so that it slopes enough to drain an water that finds it's way in there.
  4. I need to find the stucco color coat that matches my existing stucco(!).
  5. I need to finish the outdoor kitchen prep area so that the table can be used for eating, not prepping.

No comments:

Post a Comment