Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 5: Dry Layout


The next day I did a couple of dry layouts to get the dimensions and oven location on top of the slab worked out. I took a lot of photos for future reference. There were two things I needed to work out: The general location of the oven, and the size of the oven floor.

Because of some site limitations, I had planned to place the oven dome back as far as possible on the slab. I wasn't sure how much space I would have for the oven landing. A couple of layouts got me the info I needed.

I had decided to go with the ceramic insulation board for insulating the oven floor, so I measured for that and ordered it from a local oven supply. I also did a couple of layouts with different herring bone patterns for the floor -- I wanted to make sure that the front line of bricks wasn't going to have a lot of awkward cuts.

The final dry layouts were marked in the slab with chalk. Nothing to do now but wait for the slab to dry a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment